Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray sun and sky | howto do it properly

Hi,

I want to know how to setup proper lighting with the new vray sun and sky.

Viz 2007 is the software i used.

You sun is too bright.

Choices:
    1 - Use a low multiplier (Start around 0.001 and adjust)
    2 - Compensate in the color mapping
    3 - Use a vraycamera to control exposure
    sigpic
    J. Scott Smith Visual Designs

FB Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/jssvisualdesigns
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/jscottsmith
    https://jscottsmith.com/

Comment

i recommend the vray camera and set play with the shutter speed and f-stop. i usually set my shutter speed to 300 then play with f-stop from there

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

for newer builds (1.49, 1.50) the multiplier should be 0.01.
        Marc Lorenz
        ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
        www.marclorenz.com
        www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

I assume the instance of the vraysky needs to be placed in the enviroment slot and not in the max enviroment map right.

Something wierd is happening in viz2007 when I have ajusted my settings. It resets (turns off) the indirect illumination, enviroment and the global switches settings when I do nothing beside just wait for a few minutes, or save the scene and start up again they are also gone.

0.01 for the vraysky and for the sun

screendump

Comment

the demo version of 1.5 resets all the parameters when you save the scene

Comment

Originally posted by aphex79
              the demo version of 1.5 resets all the parameters when you save the scene
              Right... that must also be the resetting problem then.

So one final question gamma is set to 2.2 and the input 2.2 and when i render it in the frame buffer (srgb) it looks good, but the output is darker and not corrected I guess. So here I am stuck, the only thing I think I understand is that you get less color bleeding and the materials match actual colors when you work in linear space. So what am I supposed to do in photoshop?

using LCD monitors.

Comment

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=10854
                http://mikebracken.cgsociety.org/gallery/

Comment

Leave both sun and sky at their default multipliers and use the vraycamera to control the light.
                  This much closely matches real life. And is the way Vlado intended it to work.. do you honestly think they expect use to dial it down to 0.01 each time

Comment

What I understand is that you gamma correct 2.2 the image witch you can see in sRGB color space, reducing color bleed, darkness etc. Then you correct the not baked in gamma post - using in Photoshop back to what you want.

Does anyone have the throb's tutorial http://throb.net/site_main/LinearWorkflow.html (site is offline)

I do not know how to get it corrected in Photoshop cs2, do I use curves? and how am I supposed to set these then?

LWF=linear work flow ... right... now almost there.

Comment

Originally posted by DaForce
                      Leave both sun and sky at their default multipliers and use the vraycamera to control the light.
                      This much closely matches real life. And is the way Vlado intended it to work.. do you honestly think they expect use to dial it down to 0.01 each time
                      Just a question then, I was just looking at the online help examples and pretty much all the example renders have the intensity turned down to 0.01, maby 0.01 should be the default then... Ive only had about 30min to play with 1.5rc2 so far but keeping the sun at 1.0 is quite hard to control atm.

-dave
                      Cheers,
                      -dave
                      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Originally posted by Syclone1
                        Just a question then, I was just looking at the online help examples and pretty much all the example renders have the intensity turned down to 0.01, maby 0.01 should be the default then... Ive only had about 30min to play with 1.5rc2 so far but keeping the sun at 1.0 is quite hard to control atm.
                        This is because the V-Ray camera did not have proper exposure when the examples were created In any case, you can use whichever method you wish. Keeping the V-Ray sun at intensity of 1.0 allows you to have correct light levels compared to other lights in the scene (e.g. if you use VRayLight with physical units).

Best regards,
                        Vlado
                        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado
                          Originally posted by Syclone1
                          This is because the V-Ray camera did not have proper exposure when the examples were created In any case, you can use whichever method you wish. Keeping the V-Ray sun at intensity of 1.0 allows you to have correct light levels compared to other lights in the scene (e.g. if you use VRayLight with physical units).

Best regards,
                          Vlado
                          Ah, k

tkx Vlado
                          Cheers,
                          -dave
                          ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Thanks Vlado

Comment

Working...
                            X